Thanks for submitting to Happymess Magazine!
The Next Steps
The editing process…
- Your post will be sent through to the Happymess editor, who will review your piece.
- We often review submitted content monthly, so you may not hear from us for a few weeks.
- We edit all posts. It might be for typos or for bigger changes. We might make these changes, or get in touch you ask you to make changes. Even J.K. Rowling has an editor, right?
- We will set a cover image for the piece and may update the title to fit with our site branding, and possibly add gifs.
- We may add links throughout the blog to additional resources, including affiliate links, or other articles on the site.
- We cannot accept all pieces, and your work might not be the right fit for happymess. That’s ok! Keep writing and keep practising. It’s important that you tried. You can submit another piece at happymess and try again; or somewhere else. Every time you write you get better, so keep at it!
After it’s published….
- We will do our best to let you know if your piece has been published, but if we forget (sorry – it happens!), please keep an eye on the site for your piece.
- Feel free to share your published piece on Facebook, Twitter, Insta, SnapChat, WhatsApp – whichever is your jam.
- You’re welcome to link to the post from your website.
- If it’s a topic that is relevant now, and in a few months, set a reminder to share it on social media again in a few months to get new readers for your awesome content.
- Feel free to tag us in your updates about your post, so we can share it. We are @happymessmag on Insta and Twitter.
- If you’d like to use this piece in a portfolio, we always recommend also saving a screenshot. Websites do sometimes crash, so keeping a screenshot can be helpful if you’d like to refer back to these pieces in a few years.
Thanks so much for getting involved in the Happymess magazine community!